Grants are distributed based on a qualifying event and documented financial need.
To be eligible for a grant, an applicant must:
- Be a team member (employee or contractor) of a Sevita entity for at least 6 months*
- Have experienced a qualifying event such as an unexpected injury or illness that has resulted in lost income or added expenses, the loss of an immediate family member, a victim of a natural disaster or a domestic violence survivor
- In need of assistance with basic living expenses, such as rent/mortgage or basic utilities, or basic funeral expenses
*if an employee has passed away, their family can apply for assistance.
Network Angels provides assistance with basic living expenses, for example:
- Temporary shelter and necessities after a fire or natural disaster
- Utility bills that have gone unpaid because of extraordinary medical expenses
- Rent or mortgage payments after an accident or illness has left an employee or their spouse unable to work for an extended period of time
- Funeral expenses for an immediate family member